Thursday, August 4

View towards the Atlantic


It was a challenging ride today, even though the distance was not that high, mostly due to a very strong headwind. The wind was nearly as strong as some of those prairie blasters, but at least the road kept changing direction a bit, and there was shelter due to hills and forests. There were also some decent climbs. The largest was about 250m, and gave a really spectacular view once you passed the summit. You could see for miles out to the Atlantic ocean, as well as down towards the road ahead and a bridge that needed to be crossed. There was a sharp switchback on the descent, after which the wind changed to a tailwind for a short period. It was also quite a steep grade, so I actually needed to use my brakes on the downhill! Normally I don’t use the brakes as I find they just slow the bike down. But I was doing close to 70km/h, and with the quality of the roads it did not really seem too safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home