Tuesday, August 2

Dinnertime in the van


Cheryl is seen here madly cooking up a huge pot of pasta for dinner. I made the mistake of underestimating the effort to get to the campground today. We picked our route (trying to avoid the Trans Canada for a bit), then looked for suitable campgrounds, and there really was only 1 option. It didn’t seem that far – just 55 km or so from the ferry, so I went for it without a food break. I figured I had a good rest on the ferry, and had eaten lunch prior to bordering, so I should be good to go. But I bonked (ran out of energy) about 10 km from the campground and so it was a bit of a struggle to get here. I haven’t done that very often on this trip, probably twice. The last time was when we took the ferry from Manitoulin – the big pause in the middle of the day is tough to deal with! Live and learn though – even the “short” days require careful food energy planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home