Saturday, August 6

August 6 – Argentia to St. John’s (the end!!)


Bike log: 141.0km, 1329m of vertical, avg. speed 31.2 km/h

What a great day, a fantastic way to finish this bike trip! I started from the ferry terminal at Argentia (seemed like as good a starting place as any) and biked in to St. John’s. At the terminal, the wind was absolutely blasting into my face, I thought it was going to be a really long day. It was also quite cold, foggy, and raining. A proper Newfoundland day, I suppose! I was really relieved when the road did a big turn just a few kilometres along, and the wind was at my back – and stayed there for pretty much the whole day! The road was also pretty good, although there were some nasty potholes that needed avoidance along the highway theat lead up to the Trans-Canada.

1 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys

are you in st. john's ?
i was expecting you's late august.
i hope your still here... it would be grande to see ya! 252A Duckworth St. 709.753.1565

 

Post a Comment

<< Home