Monday, June 20

Grain elevators and cell phone towers


Towns of importance around these parts have a grain elevator (I think that’s what they call them anyway, but what do I know I live in BC. No good for storing salmon). This is a pretty typical looking one. They are pretty big usually, and due to the flat land they are visible for a long way off. It is not unlike how churches in European towns are visible from miles away and give you an indication of where the town is. I have been trying to estimate how far off they are when I first spot them, and then see how accurate my guess is using the odometer. I am not very accurate, Distances are really deceiving around here! In the book Cheryl is reading (about Saskatchewan) the author talks about how around here distance is an entity, not just a dimension.

The other thing most of these same towns has is a cell phone tower. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home