Monday, June 20

Hot summer day in Saskatchewan!


Summer has definitely arrived. It was hot today – high 20’s I would guess. The breeze was great for keeping cool – with both the back and side door open on the van we get awesome ventilation while still being able to sit out of the sun. There were also lots of nice little puffy clouds today. They were blowing along very close to parallel to the highway, and not much faster than I was moving, so I managed to catch a few of them as I rode along in order to get out of the sun for a few minutes. The other thing the wind is good for is keeping down the mosquitos. We’ve started to get into them fairly bad here – as the wind died down tonight they came out and are really…bugging us. But a small price to pay for finally feeling like we have hit summer. I sure feel bad for the folks in Alberta near where we just passed who are dealing with all the flooding (and I am glad we missed it all). All the rain that has fallen around here recently has made it so nice and green here, it will probably look very different on the way back. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home