Friday, June 17

Hailing in Herbert


The wind was blowing so hard by the end of the day I was only doing 15 km/h (less during a gust), and I was using the same gears that I use to climb Mt. Douglas! What made it even scarier was that there were these horrible dark clouds closing in as I approached the endpoint - it was a race against time! I just made it, because after we got into the campsite it started to really pour like I've never seen, as well as hail - the size of marbles! Then, the lightning started - at one point probably one flash per second. The campground we're staying in is a little weird as the hail was falling into the shower when I was in there...not really sure how that happened.

Now that I've had 3 days of this, it is getting easier to deal with mentally. It would be nice to be making better time, but at least I am getting somewhere. You just have to forget about the speed and the time, put your head down and go. At the end of the day, you make what you make.Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home