Thursday, June 23

Stephenfield Park


This is the first provincial park we’ve stayed in since leaving BC. None were in convenient places for us up until here. It’s really well kept up, as are the parks in BC. It is near a decent size lake, and people were out water skiing! The trees are much shorter, and mostly hardwoods, and there are no mountiains but sitting in the campsite or wandering through the gravel roads of the park I can imagine being in one of the parks back home. Funny, even some of the small towns we’ve been in give that feeling – so familiar. It is strange to think how far we’ve come and how similar things still are. I am really getting a sense of the size of Canada.

In some ways, the trip has not completely sunk in with me yet – I am really focused on the day-to-day riding. When I look at a map and see the progress it almost does not seem related to our trip. I have never spent very much time at all in Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba, but I did live in Ontario (southern and eastern) for about 17 years. As I peddle into familiar ground perhaps it will help to tie things together. For now, it’s probably just as well, since there is still a long way to go. Thinking about such a huge amount of distance is overwhelming, you’ve got to stay focused on making it through one day at a time.Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home