Wednesday, July 6

Swimming at last!


I spoke with the two other cyclists from the campground this morning, both doing the cross-Canada trip. They met on the road and have been riding together a bit. Today, one of them (Ryan) got up early and was going for Sault Ste. Marie, which is about 235km! I think he made it too, I passed him (I have no packs to carry) about 20km before I stopped and he was going strong. The other cyclist (Andrew) also made it to this campground tonight. I saw a few other cyclists today as well, going both directions.

Today I realized that I would rather climb hills all day rather than fight a headwind. It was pretty hilly, the third most vertical I’ve done on the trip. The largest single climb was about 200m, but it was almost always either going up or down. I really enjoyed it, it made for a very interesting ride - always something different coming up. And of course, for every uphill you always get to enjoy the downhill, unlike fighting wind!

I saw another moose today – my 2nd one of the trip. He was nosing about in the ditch beside the highway when I came up to him. I think I kind of spooked him, because he took off pretty fast towards the woods when he looked up and saw me. I am glad he didn’t come my way – he was big and fast. But he would not have been fast enough to catch a cyclist who is fleeing for his life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home