Monday, June 27

Camping in Dryden


The campground we are in is very nice –definitely one of the cleanest private campgrounds we’ve stayed in. Sometimes they are kind of hit or miss, mostly miss. There are carpets on the floor in the bathroom and laundry area, and a little radio playing tunes. There was also a radio playing this morning in the grocery store, and strangely I heard the song “Don’t you want me” by The Human League twice today! Now it’s stuck in my head, great.


One thing I don’t really like about riding in the rain is that I can’t wear my glasses. My uncorrected eyesight is not terrible, but it’s not great either. Here’s a partial list of some of the things that I saw today and what they looked like to me:

- Uprooted tree root system = bear in woods
- Small, burnt tree = bear
- Line of small shrubs = wolf pack (swaying in wind due to extreme hunger)
- Poles for safety barrier alonside the highway = mother bear and cubs
- Mossy wet patch on blasted rock on opposite side of highway = bear
- Murky swamp in forest = bear
- Skinny tree at top of cliff = weird man standing up there, probably heavily armed, probably kicked out of Idaho militia for being too weird

I hope it does not rain tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home